PARA is relaunching the Acts of Kindness Initiative from February 8- March 8. During this time, we’re asking you to perform a small act of kindness in the workplace and we’ll reimburse you up to $30. As funding is limited and to avoid duplicate requests, please send a short email to Robin Raworth prior to making the purchase, as all submissions will be reviewed. You will receive a written response to confirm your funding.
The Act of Kindness could be a coffee for a co-worker, plants for the resident physician lounge or a box of cards to write encouraging notes. Some recommendations from the Community and Wellbeing Committees are:
- A wellness item for the resident physician lounge like adult colouring books with pens
- A “call survival kit” for a colleague which could include: popcorn, power bar, gum packet and a sleep mask
- A care package for a colleague that is currently isolating
- An act of kindness can be performed for anyone in the workplace, including your allied health staff.
What you need to do to participate:
- Send an email to Robin with the following information:
- A one or two sentence description of the Act of Kindness
- Your first and last name, email address and university
- Let us know if PARA has permission to share the story/quote/photo on social media*
- After all the information is received, we’ll send you a confirmation and reserve your funding
- When you have made the purchase, please send the receipt to Robin Raworth. EFT reimbursement for the expense will be sent after a receipt is received. Purchases will be approved/reimbursed during PARA office hours: Monday-Friday 0800-1600
- PARA will share the act on social media and encourage more resident physicians to participate.
PARA has funding for approximately 50 Acts of Kindness. Updates will be posted to the PARA website and on social media when we have reached our maximum. As funding is limited, each individual resident physician is limited to one reimbursement.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Robin Raworth .
* While PARA will share the story, no personal information will be included.