Consider being part of the 2021-2022 PARA Assembly! PARA is your professional association – participation on the Assembly directly benefits you and your colleagues.
The PARA Assembly guides the strategic direction of the Association and is responsible for ensuring that the interests of all PARA members are represented. Through involvement with the Assembly, resident physicians access opportunities to fulfill a number of CanMEDS roles, including:
- developing leadership skills
- liaising with health and medical education stakeholders
- representing Alberta’s resident physicians at the regional, provincial and national levels.
An orientation session will be held for new Assembly Delegates on Wednesday, August 18 from 7-9 p.m. (virtual).
The first PARA Assembly meeting will be held Tuesday, August 24, 2021 (virtual) from 12-5 p.m. All Assembly Delegates are expected to attend.
NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 25, 2021
ELECTIONS OPEN: July 29-August 8, 2021
Click the following links for full details on Delegate positions available, the nomination process and nomination documents:
- PARA Assembly Delegate Positions
- PARA Assembly Delegate Expectations
- PARA Assembly Delegate Nomination Form
- PARA Assembly Nomination Letter of Intent Template
- PARA Assembly Nominations and Election Process
- PARA Code of Conduct
NOTE: We strongly recommend you speak to your program director in advance if you are considering running for a position as a PARA Assembly Delegate.
If you have any questions about the PARA Assembly and/or the election process, please contact us at 780.432.1749 or email@example.com.