Position title: Communications Specialist
Term: Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
PARA is seeking a Communications Specialist (12 month term position) to join our dynamic team providing support and assistance to the Association’s membership.
PARA’s Communications Department is responsible for all communications with PARA members and partners. PARA communicates exclusively electronically through PARAscope, our monthly e-newsletter; PARAphrase, our semi-annual e-magazine; our Annual Report; website, including a member blog; social media platforms; and periodic standalone e-communications.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the coordination and execution of PARA communications and assisting in communications policy development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Member Affairs Manager, the Communications Specialist:
- Coordinates the development, production and distribution of the Association’s communications and e-publications
- Researches, writes and edits content for the Association’s communications and e-publications
- Designs promotional materials for events, social media posts, presentations and other communications
- Designs publications, such as the Annual Report and PARAphrase
- Coordinates PARA’s online communication strategies, ensuring appropriate monitoring and evaluation of use/success of these strategies
- Ensures PARA website content is updated in a timely manner
- Takes an active role in the Association’s presentations at academic half-days, new resident physician orientations and other events
- Acts as staff support for the Leadership & Education Committee, providing support and guidance
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic design capabilities
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud – specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with MailChimp, Survey Monkey and Hootsuite a definite asset
- Strong understanding of common social media platforms
- Comfortable with web design – able to maintain and update website (WordPress experience a definite asset)
- Proficient in writing, editing and content development
- Comfortable with public speaking/presentations
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Ability to prioritize and achieve results effectively in response to numerous and diverse challenges and demands in an environment of shifting priorities
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and issues and resolve them or develop alternate solutions
- Ability to work in a consultative manner with internal personnel and external partners and ensure each party’s needs are represented in the decision making, resulting in win-win outcomes
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- An undergraduate degree or diploma, preferably in communications or public relations is preferred
- Two years’ related experience (or a combination of education and experience)
The Communications Specialist position is based on a 37.5 hour work week, with salary dependent upon education and experience, as well as successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
Anticipated start date for this position is April 23, 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter via email to:
Tara Madden, Member Affairs Manager
Please note: We thank all applicants for their time and interest; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.