The Resident Physician of the Month Award is meant to recognize and reward outstanding resident physicians who make exceptional contributions in their academic field while still maintaining their work/life balance.
Interested in nominating someone? Fill out a nomination form here.
Dr. Robert Hurowitz
University of Alberta
I grew up in Toronto with two physician parents and was always inspired by their professional excitement. Following in their footsteps, I went to Queen’s University for my undergraduate degree in Life Sciences. In 2013, I moved to Edmonton for medical school and now I’m an adopted Albertan (except I remain the insufferable Leafs fan in every hockey interaction). I was given the opportunity to continue training with the Core Internal Medicine Program at the University of Alberta and I’ve remained motivated by my incredibly supportive and academically talented colleagues.
Out of the hospital, I spend my time playing hockey, long-distance running, hiking, snowboarding and back country split-boarding and looking for every chance to get out to live music events.
In July I will be starting the next portion of my medical journey in Calgary to join their General Internal Medicine Fellowship with a special interest in Point-of-Care Ultrasound. I will be joined by my partner, Kelly, and our family of two cats, a horse and undoubtedly a dog will show up shortly. Don’t worry: the Oilers will remain my second team and we’ll return frequently – see you at Folk Fest!
A colleague had this to say about Dr. Hurowitz:
“Rob Hurowitz is overall an amazing physician and caring person. As a chief resident physician of Internal Medicine, he acts as a role model for junior and senior resident physicians and is an excellent support for resident physicians in need. Having worked with Rob in a supervisory role, he is so enjoyable to work with and is a keen and interested learner. He is a very well-rounded person, with a booming social life, passion for traveling and professional skiing skills!“
Congratulations Dr. Hurowitz!
Dr. Jason Chan, March 2020
Dr. Chris Oleynick, February 2020
Dr. Elizabeth Clement, January 2020
Dr. Graeme Prosperi-Porta, December 2019
Dr. Jaylynn Arcand, November 2019
Dr. Bani Falcon, October 2019
Dr. Jon Bourget-Murray, September 2019
Dr. Mike Walsh, August 2019
Dr. George Wang, July 2019
- Dr. Danika Leung, June 2019
- Dr. Stacey Holbrook, May 2019
- Dr. Annie Hutchison. April 2019
- Dr. Kelvin Au, March 2019
- Dr. Collin Luk, February 2019
- Dr. Fareed Kamar, January 2019
- Dr. Wasim Khan, December 2018
- Dr. Melissa MacPhearson, November 2018
- Drs. Kristen Timm and Vanessa Rogers, November 2018
- Dr. Joshua DeSerres, October 2018
- Dr. Syeda Abbas, October 2018
- Dr. Lester Liao, September 2018
- Dr. Susan Poon, September 2018
- Dr. Grayson Beecher, August 2018
- Dr. Nick Papalia, August 2018
- Dr. Danielle Dumestre, July 2018
- Dr. Sara Horne, July 2018
- Dr. Alanna Achen, June 2018
- Dr. Valerie Hurdle, June 2018
- Dr. Abdul Al Saadon, May 2018
- Dr. Theo Mobach, April 2018
- Dr. Martin Tieu, March 2018
- Dr. Umair Iftikhar, February 2018
- Dr. Anas Alrohimi, January 2018
- Dr. Danya Traboulsi, December 2017
- Dr. Christopher White, November 2017
- Dr. Malika Ladha, October 2017
- Dr. Cassandra Hirt-Walsh, September 2017
- Drs. “SCHRAMD”, August 2017
- Dr. Jori Hardin, July 2017