The Resident Physician of the Month Award is meant to recognize and reward outstanding resident physicians who make exceptional contributions in their academic field while still maintaining their work/life balance.
Interested in nominating someone? Fill out a nomination form here.
Dr. Graeme Prosperi-Porta
University of Calgary
I was born and raised in Edmonton where I completed my undergraduate degree before moving to Hamilton to complete a Masters’s degree. I jumped at the opportunity to head back out to the Rocky Mountains to attend the University of Calgary for medical school. I could not be happier with staying in Calgary to complete my training because of the immense support and mentorship within this training program that has made me a better physician and researcher.
When I am not looking after patients or working on research, I love to spend time in the mountains hiking and skiing with my wife, entertaining our nieces and nephew and having our friends over for delicious home-cooked meals. It is an honour to have been selected for the PARA Resident of the Month Award.
Colleagues had this to say about Dr. Prosperi-Porta:
“I have had the pleasure of working directly and indirectly with Graeme for over two years now and can confidently say that he is an extremely well rounded physician who excels clinically, is heavily involved in research and teaching while still making time for his friends and family. Graeme’s research centres around improving the utility of echocardiography in acute pulmonary emboli, which he is close to publishing a large study that may change the way we treat patients with this disease. He enjoys taking medical students under his wing on the wards and works with them individually to ensure each of them gets the most out of their internal medicine rotation. Outside of medicine, Graeme always makes time for cooking, biking, running, skiing, golfing and spending time with his family and friends, despite a busy schedule. Graeme exemplifies a balanced lifestyle and is an excellent candidate for this award.“
Congratulations Dr. Graeme Prosperi-Porta!
- Dr. Danika Leung, June 2019
- Dr. Stacey Holbrook, May 2019
- Dr. Annie Hutchison. April 2019
- Dr. Kelvin Au, March 2019
- Dr. Collin Luk, February 2019
- Dr. Fareed Kamar, January 2019
- Dr. Wasim Khan, December 2018
- Dr. Melissa MacPhearson, November 2018
- Drs. Kristen Timm and Vanessa Rogers, November 2018
- Dr. Joshua DeSerres, October 2018
- Dr. Syeda Abbas, October 2018
- Dr. Lester Liao, September 2018
- Dr. Susan Poon, September 2018
- Dr. Grayson Beecher, August 2018
- Dr. Nick Papalia, August 2018
- Dr. Danielle Dumestre, July 2018
- Dr. Sara Horne, July 2018
- Dr. Alanna Achen, June 2018
- Dr. Valerie Hurdle, June 2018
- Dr. Abdul Al Saadon, May 2018
- Dr. Theo Mobach, April 2018
- Dr. Martin Tieu, March 2018
- Dr. Umair Iftikhar, February 2018
- Dr. Anas Alrohimi, January 2018
- Dr. Danya Traboulsi, December 2017
- Dr. Christopher White, November 2017
- Dr. Malika Ladha, October 2017
- Dr. Cassandra Hirt-Walsh, September 2017
- Drs. “SCHRAMD”, August 2017
- Dr. Jori Hardin, July 2017