The Resident Physician of the Month Award is meant to recognize and reward outstanding resident physicians who make exceptional contributions in their academic field while still maintaining their work/life balance.
Interested in nominating someone? Fill out a nomination form here.
Dr. Chris Oleynick
University of Calgary
I was born and raised in Calgary and completed most of my formal education at the University of Calgary, including two undergraduate degrees and my MD. Between being my home and having an outstanding residency program, I was thrilled at the opportunity to stay in Calgary to specialize in internal medicine and love being part of the medical community here.
When I’m not working, I like to stay active – especially skiing in the winter and golfing in the summer, as well as trying new restaurants and doing my own cooking.
Colleagues had this to say about Dr. Oleynick:
“I met Chris four years ago at the start of medical school and have worked and studied with him many times since. I am amazed by his passion for medicine; he will take as much time necessary to educate and ensure everybody, including patients, understands what is going on and why. This enjoyment in internal medicine extends beyond the clinical setting – he has done research on sepsis and absolutely loves to teach both formally and informally. He has also taught multiple sessions from infectious diseases to ECG for a Review Seminar Series. I still use the common antibiotic/pathogens table he made after walking me through antibiotic approaches when I asked for advice. Because of his calm and relaxed attitude, Chris makes the often-stressful environment of internal medicine rotations feel well-supported and fun. Outside of work I know Chris still manages to go to the gym, hit the ski-hill and spend time with his family and friends. I know I am not the only resident physician who feels that Chris is a great teacher with a genuine passion for medicine.”
Congratulations Dr. Oleynick!
- Dr. Danika Leung, June 2019
- Dr. Stacey Holbrook, May 2019
- Dr. Annie Hutchison. April 2019
- Dr. Kelvin Au, March 2019
- Dr. Collin Luk, February 2019
- Dr. Fareed Kamar, January 2019
- Dr. Wasim Khan, December 2018
- Dr. Melissa MacPhearson, November 2018
- Drs. Kristen Timm and Vanessa Rogers, November 2018
- Dr. Joshua DeSerres, October 2018
- Dr. Syeda Abbas, October 2018
- Dr. Lester Liao, September 2018
- Dr. Susan Poon, September 2018
- Dr. Grayson Beecher, August 2018
- Dr. Nick Papalia, August 2018
- Dr. Danielle Dumestre, July 2018
- Dr. Sara Horne, July 2018
- Dr. Alanna Achen, June 2018
- Dr. Valerie Hurdle, June 2018
- Dr. Abdul Al Saadon, May 2018
- Dr. Theo Mobach, April 2018
- Dr. Martin Tieu, March 2018
- Dr. Umair Iftikhar, February 2018
- Dr. Anas Alrohimi, January 2018
- Dr. Danya Traboulsi, December 2017
- Dr. Christopher White, November 2017
- Dr. Malika Ladha, October 2017
- Dr. Cassandra Hirt-Walsh, September 2017
- Drs. “SCHRAMD”, August 2017
- Dr. Jori Hardin, July 2017